Grant of Mining Lease in respect of Notified Minerals through Auction .
(1) The provisions of this section shall not be applicable to cases covered by section 10A or section 17A or to minerals specified in Part A or Part B of the First Schedule or to land in respect of which the minerals do not vest in the Government.
(2) Where there is inadequate evidence to show the existence of mineral contents of any notified mineral in respect of any area, a State Government may, after obtaining the previous approval of the Central Government, grant a prospecting licence-cum-mining lease for the said notified mineral in such area in accordance with the procedure laid down in section 11.
(3) In areas where the existence of mineral contents of any notified mineral is established in the manner prescribed by the Central Government, the State Government shall notify such areas for grant of mining leases for such notified mineral, the terms and conditions subject to which such mining leases shall be granted, and any other relevant conditions, in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(4) For the purpose of granting a mining lease in respect of any notified mineral in such notified area, the State Government shall select, through auction by a method of competitive bidding, including e-auction, an applicant who fulfils the eligibility conditions as specified in this Act.
(5) The Central Government shall prescribe the terms and conditions, and procedure, subject to which the auction shall be conducted, including the bidding parameters for the selection, which may include a share in the production of the mineral, or any payment linked to the royalty payable, or any other relevant parameter, or any combination or modification of them.
(6) सेंट्रल गवर्मेंट को लगता है कि that it is necessary and expedient to do so, तब वह स्पेशल टर्म्स एंड कंडीशन डाल सकती हैं ।
(7) State Govt. shall grant a ML to the selected applicant.
Grant of Non-Exclusive Reconnaissance Permits.
(1) Part A or Part B of the First Schedule मिनरल को छोड़कर किसी भी मिनरल के लिए Non- Exclusive RP, Cent. Govt के terms and conditions पर दिया जा सकता है.
(2) यह परमिट वाले PL-cum-ML or ML के लिए कोई दावा नहीं कर सकते हैं, हालांकि डीप सीटेड मिनरल (300 मीटर से अधिक गहरा) के लिए स्टेट गवर्मेंट के पास PL-cum-ML or ML के लिए अप्लाई कर सकता है.